The European Parliament, together with the International Charlemagne Prize Foundation of Aachen, are launching a new edition of the Charlemagne Youth Prize. If you are between 16 and 30 years old and are currently working on a project with a European Dimension, this opportunity will be of your interest.
There will be 28 projects nominated by national juries, one for each EU country. Representatives of all these projects will have the opportunity to attend the Charlemagne Youth Prize award ceremony in Aachen in May 2020 and, there, three will be chosen as the winning projects. The first prize is €7,500, the second one €5,000 and the third one €2,500.
Projects must meet the following criteria in order to qualify:
- Promote European and international understanding
- Foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration
- Serve as a role model for young people living in Europe
- Offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community
- 6 November 2019: launch of the competition
- 31 January 2020: deadline for submitting projects
- 20 March 2020: announcement of the national winners
- 19 May 2020: award ceremony in Aachen
If you have any questions, email: ECYP2020@EP.europa.eu.