The Leaders of the European Union have met in Sibiu, Romania, to talk about the future of the EU.
Considering their responsibility in maintaining a united and strong group formed by half a billion citizens, and their perspectives of continuing with their development, these Leaders have agreed on 10 commitments to achieve their objectives:
- Defending one Europe without divisions.
- Staying united in times of need.
- Looking for solutions together.
- Protecting their way of life, democracy and the rule of law.
- Listening to the citizens’ concerns and hopes.
- Upholding the principle of fairness in all different scopes.
- Providing the European Union with the necessary means to achieve their objectives.
- Investing in the next generations’ future.
- Protecting their citizens.
- Working to become a responsible global leader.
By following these commitments, the European Union Leaders aim to continue building their strength as a democratic, safe and stable group.
For more information about the Sibiu Declaration: https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2019/05/09/the-sibiu-declaration/?utm_source=flexmail&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=euanewsletter5102euanewsletter52019t20190517t091840627z&utm_content=10+commitments+for+the+future+of+europe